According to a recent study, more than 75% of today's consumers are planning to keep their vehicles 3 years or more. The Federal Reserve Board (published in the May 2007 Automotive News) reports that the average new car loan is 62.3 months, or more than 5 years. R.L. Polk also reported in May 2007 that the median age of vehicles in operation in the U.S. is more than 9 years for owners of a car and 7 years for light truck owners.
Technological advances make today's automobiles more complex than ever, so a service agreement from Toyota of Scranton, a trusted Toyota dealer serving Wilkes Barre, is an additional measure of protection and coverage on the vehicle that you'll be glad to have. A service contract covers the mechanical breakdown of a covered component, regardless of whether or not the part is defective. A service contract protects you from the high cost of unexpected mechanical repairs.
Benefits of Service Contracts
- Peace of mind against major repairs.
- No or little out of pocket expenses. (Some plans have deductibles)
- It's like having a mechanic in your glove box.
- Future protection against inflation of expenses on covered repairs.
- Emergency road service (i.e. lock out service, jump start assistance, towing and substitute transportation.*
- Available on new and pre-owned vehicles.
Other products offered by Toyota of Scranton Financial Service Department
- Gap Coverage - In the event of a theft or accident, the value of your vehicle may be less than the amount you owe on your loan or lease at the time of a total loss. In many cases, this will leave you responsible for paying the difference between the two. GAP coverage is designed to help cover the gap when faced with a total loss of your vehicle. Ask one of our Financial Service Manager for more details.
- Vehicle Excess Wear & Tear Coverage- Protect your car's exterior and mechanics including paint, bumpers, lamp lenses, windows, wheels and more.
- Tire and Wheel Coverage - The Tire and Wheel guarantee protects your vehicle from common road hazards such as metal, nails, potholes, glass and debris. With this protection, you're covered nationwide with 24/7/365 sign and drive toll-free roadside assistance.
- Door Ding Protection- With this state of the art protection, it couldn't be easier to remove door dings and small dents without the hassle and expense of going to a body shop for repairs.
- Super Poly-shield Interior and Exterior Protection- Protect exterior against acid rain, fading, loss of gloss, and bird droppings. Interior protection against stains, fading and discoloration.
*Ask any of our four Financial Service Managers for more details!